Monday, May 27, 2013

Work Me  


James Bratton and Joel Washington are probably best known for their garage and New Jersey scene house of the late eighties, but thats sort of outside of my wheelhouse and I haven't really heard much of what they did later in their careers. I know them for their first project, Illusion Of A Band, an electro funk act that put out a couple of records in 1985, which had a definite proto house sound.

'Work Me' is the one Illusion Of A Band cut that I own, and I don't own the 12" with the club mix on, but the 7" I have does have an instrumental, which the 12" doesn't. So I tell myself its better.

Illusion Of A Band - Work Me (Vocal)
Illusion Of A Band - Work Me (Instrumental)

Posted by Black Shag | 2 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Work Me


  • May 30, 2013 at 6:17 AM  

    A very agressive noise filter or a transcoded mp3?


  • May 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM  

    There is a sub 20hz filter, due to rumble caused by the shape of the record, but you shouldn't be able to hear it. No transcoding. I think the fidelity is more likely due to it being a fucked up old 45 that spent 30 years squashed vertically.