Friday, October 12, 2012

Your Key Fits  


I found this record recently while digging through a box of sleeveless 45s. The classic generic label stock with pink to white gradient caught my eye. Fortunately I dropped to needle to find this haunting and mellow seductive funk track rather than some rap or freestyle shrapnel. This is a quality California indie production from on of the best years for funk: 1987. There is an earlier release of this track from 1984 by Laurie Roberts, maybe someone with the 12" can tell me if that version is different (as far as I can tell from the shit quality youtube videos out there it is the same).

Posted by Dogtones | 1 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Your Key Fits


  • October 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM  

    Monique 45rpm is the second run off of Laurie Roberts - Your Key Fits.. same artist.. just re-released under MONIQUE .... Nice and beautiful lady I talk to her now and then... this is a Cali record coming out of South Bay L.A. ... Marina Sound ETC ...