Monday, October 29, 2012

Eighties Ladies  


I know it's passe to still rep Roy Ayers in 2012, but this one still sounds fresh and is one of his harder to find releases. Eighties Ladies was a one off project on Roy Ayers' Uno Melodic label featuring vocals from Sylvia Striplin, Susan Beaubian, Marva Hicks, Vivian Prince, and Denie Corbett. Edwin Birdsong contributed to the production. Definitely a top set of disco funk, here are a couple of my favorite tracks. Hope Soulie likes this one.

Eighties Ladies - Tell Him
Eighties Ladies - It's Easy To Move

Posted by Dogtones | 6 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ Eighties Ladies


  • October 29, 2012 at 4:17 PM  

    Thank you! Really feeling Tell Him.


  • October 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM  

    Thanks for all the tunes, really feeling these two. I've been following the blog for years now. I was wondering, do any of you gents have the Silver Vibrations LP by Roy Ayers? In particular the track "Keep on Movin'". It was featured on Madlib's Black Soul Mixtape. I can't find the vinyl or a remastered version anywhere! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks again!

    -Cooper


  • October 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM  

    I don't have that one, actually didn't realize until just now that "Keep On Movin'" is only on that version of the LP. that batch of tunes was used for several LPs like Lots of Love and Drive. I've got those so if you need any other songs from that record I can help you out (some have already been posted here). Maybe someone else has the one you need. p.s. I Love that Madlib mix.


  • November 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM  

    Yeah I realized that about the other tunes being reused for other releases. Wonder why not keep on movin? Hot track. Apparently ultra-rare. Thanks for checking and if you ever come across it please post! Thanks again
    -Cooper


  • November 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM  

    Your blog is the. real. deal.
    No, really, I'm appreciating your continuous effort and your love for records. Funk is extremely hard to find here in Montreal, so I'm glad I stumbled upon this oasis :-)

    By the way, Bugz in the Attic are behind a cover version of Tell Him (BB Boogie). I didn't know Roy Ayers was the originator!


  • February 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM  

    Post we are the ladies of the 80's.. That's the jam