Monday, September 03, 2012

You Don't Know  


I wrote this post earlier this evening, it was originally supposed to be a cool, dub version of Serious Intention's garage hit You Don't Know. I cleaned the record because it was filthy, moved some sort of potted tree that had ended up infront of the recording rig, turned on the computer, I have this 8 year old Toshiba laptop connected to the MOTU recording interface that sits on a shelf and does nothing but rip records, but it takes half a lifetime to boot up.. I ripped the record, moved the plant back, transfered the wav over to another computer from the modern age to do a little post prod and convert it to mp3, tagged it, put it on the server, read a couple of biographies of the producer and wrote up some blurb on blogspot, chose a picture by trawling around some weird flickr groups, published the post, tweeted about it and linked it on facebook, then promptly tried to get on with my bleak existence. Ben txt's me 10 minutes later to tell me that he already posted the same track a few months back and that I should delete it and put up something else.

So I'm posting Sexy Dancer by Donald Bird..

Donald Byrd & 125th Street, N.Y.C. - Sexy Dancer

Posted by Black Shag | 4 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ You Don't Know


  • September 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM  

    This is so cool.
    When I listened to this track it was familiar, and I checked and found it was already published here months ago...
    Your blog entry is funny and true, and really shows how hard you work for something that we, the music-lovers/visitors here take for almost granted.

    and I love this Sexy Dancer thingy.

    Best of love
    Kika


  • September 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

    Nice still from "Aria"


  • September 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM  

    Hah, well we love the work you put into this so thanks anyway.

    //rew


  • September 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM  

    this blog is one of our favs, tracks are heavily featured at our disco night in Toronto, if your ever in town would love to have yah out

    catch us over here if you've got soundcloud.com/adigitalneedle