Thursday, January 06, 2011

Space  


Space was a space disco group from Marseilles, France. This one comes off the 1977 Metropolis release. It is still the most epic space disco track ever. The pic above was from my trip to Malibu over the holiday where I was visiting and partying with some good friends who live next to Babs, Mccaughney, and Hans Zimmer . A washed up (so to speak) drunken sailor beached his 37' recording studio in this precious paradise while in-route to LA from Santa Barbara. He and his two cats survived. I threw my back out removing a strange piece of gear that would have been better served as a boat anchor.

If you are near Davis on Friday, come to the Delta of Venus where Dog Tones and I will be spinning funk, soul, and rare disco.

Space - Magic Fly

Posted by Joel Brüt | 6 comments

Labels: , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ Space


  • January 7, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

    Wotcha,i was never a huge fan of this,in fact i'd go as far as too say,i really don't like it one bit,(TOTP music,remember that)in the words of Pat Le Stache,'THAT BEING SAID',
    I think 'Space - Carry On, Turn Me On 'was a far better tune,but that's only my opinion humble as it is.

    Thanks Chaps.

    Soulie.

    Regards


  • January 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

    Wow i just heard and i want to hear it again. i love this track. I would love to hear more magic fly.


  • January 9, 2011 at 1:22 AM  

    Try the version by kebekelektrik from 77 it's just as bad,you may like it.
    If you like Space try the tune i mentioned in the other comment before this.
    Great Blog though a,

    Soulie

    Regards


  • January 9, 2011 at 1:48 AM  

    I still remember when I was a little kid watching a German music show when "Space" appeared "live" in their astronaut costumes to perform "Magic Fly". I was totally flashed. Even now, although I did not listen to it for a long while, every twist and turn in the melody is totally familiar. Just wonderful.


  • January 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

    On my point ''tango in space" is better :)


  • March 1, 2011 at 8:01 AM  

    That broken Wavestation is a heartbreaker...