Friday, December 31, 2010

SAM pt. 2  


I came across another collection from Sam Weiss's SAM records, a CD reissue of 12" mixes his son Michael Weiss put out on his Nervous Records imprint in the early nineties, I know a bunch of tracks that have already appeared on the blog are included, but you know, whats the harm in putting them up again, maybe you will like these direct from master tape digital versions better. Sadly though I noticed my favorite SAM release was missing from the compilation, so I recorded Lucy Hawkin's John Davis produced disco slammer Gotta Get Out Of Here and gave it top billing.


John Davis And The Monster Orchestra - Ain't That Enough For You
Mike And Brenda Sutton - Don't Let Go Of Me
John Davis And The Monster Orchestra - I Can't Stop
Rhyze - Just How Sweet Is Your Love
Gary's Gang - Keep On Dancing
Gary's Gang - Let's Lovedance Tonight
Convertion - Let's Do It
John Davis And The Monster Orchestra - Love Magic
Vicky "D" - This Beat Is Mine
KID - You Don't Like My Music

Posted by Black Shag | 8 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



8 comments: to “ SAM pt. 2


  • January 1, 2011 at 9:34 AM  

    Many thanks Chaps for this ace post,this,from the Guy who has to take his Roy Ayres Shite and ram it,yeah ok.

    Many thanks for the top tuneage (Bontempi organ music apart.
    Have a healthy happy new year.

    Soulie.


  • January 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

    I always had your back Soulie. Happy New Year to all my fellow aging British soul boys.


  • January 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM  

    Black Shag I really need your heeeelp!!! could anyone at beatelectric tell me the name of the song at 1:37 pleeease? http://www.mediafire.com/?6u9y7bt1ulll44c


  • January 12, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

    Pablo, the record your after is Blondie - Rapture.


  • January 16, 2011 at 12:51 AM  

    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Thank you so so much!!!


  • January 16, 2011 at 12:52 AM  

    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!! Thank you so so mucho!!!


  • January 28, 2011 at 3:18 AM  

    Great stuff.
    This is my favourite music blog.

    Im a record producer and this blog is an education...and then some

    Keep it up

    Particular props to Black Shag.


  • June 9, 2011 at 1:54 AM  

    I always enjoy the excellent selections you all post here. Thanks! SAM Records put out some of my all time favorite jams. I did what I consider to be a pretty badass dubbed-out edit of the KID track which you can check out here:
    http://soundcloud.com/blue_soul/you-love-it