Friday, October 09, 2009

Above & Beyond  


I haven't been home much lately. I haven't posted much lately. I haven't been to the gym much lately. What I have done though is work, work, work.
But it's Friday, it's Fleet Week in SF and I finally remembered on the right day it is my time to post.
What I have this week is Edgar Winter's instrumental track "Above & Beyond". It's bad ass and full of amazing sonic ear candy. It's cosmic, it's weird and it is made Mr. Winter who looks as though winter landed all over him.
I scored this record, actually 2 copies of the white label, nicely filed in alphabetical order whilst digging at a record store. Talk about a score.
Enjoy.

Edgar Winter - Above & Beyond (Instrumental)

Posted by T. Preston | 4 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Above & Beyond


  • October 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

    Love it when you post.


  • October 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

    White labels?

    I am so jealous. I just spent 60 POUNDS to order the Blue Sky version from England. I had found a scratched out copy of the LP, and stumbled onto an mp3 of the 12 inch and had to have it. Most I have ever paid for a record, and well worth it, though I don't want to encourage this kind of pricing.

    On a related note, a Thompson Twins 12-inch that can be readily found for under 10 bucks is 200 euros from a vendor in Europe. Likewise, most of the 12-inches of Underground by David Bowie are a few dollars except for a vendor in Germany that was asking over a hundred Euros.

    I guess there is a growing contingent of Minimal refugees with more money than sense.

    BTW, and edit of Underground would be simple and awesome, just get rid of Bowie's overproduced vocals, as it is even pitching it down doesn't fix it...

    Peace Brah! Om Shantih! heh heh


  • October 18, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

    that was so great thank you!

    -Melissa B


  • January 7, 2010 at 1:40 AM  

    i wouldn't get your nickers in a twist about a white label adrian. the blue sky version is the original pressing. any white label would simply one of the MANY bootlegs or edits of this superb track.