Saturday, April 04, 2009

Zena Dejonay + my new turntable  






Isn't she beautiful? laying there seductively like that, fresh and young, looking temptingly at us, with her near perfect European retro styling. Taking us back to an era when tasteful aesthetic seemed to come so naturally.

I even put a new cartridge on her, A Sumiko Bluepoint Special Evo III, and now she runs into a Musical Fidelity X-LPS which feeds lovingly into a MOTU UltraLite recording interface. Many a deep disco funk cut has been offered at the alter of her ginko wood plinth.

Zena Dejonay looks alright too.

Every time I hear this song I wonder why I didn't grow up listening to it on the radio, it had all the elements I think to have made it a mainstream smash rather than simply a club funk classic.

I'm putting up the dub version too as I think as far as euro boogie dub versions of the time go its pretty good, try working the choppy, delayed out sections into the vocal.

Posted by Black Shag | 7 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ Zena Dejonay + my new turntable


  • April 4, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

    That's a beautiful turntable for shure. It cost a fortune too I guess.


  • April 4, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

    Thanks to the global recession a lot of formerly well to do stock market enthusiasts are selling their toys for cheap. Thats where most of this rig came from, and bits collected over time. It does look cool, but not as expensive as you might think. I don't have the time, know how or steady soldering hand to rewire my technics LeBaron style.


  • April 6, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

    Redic. Super Jealous!!!!


  • April 7, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

    God I used to love that record, the dub version is great - nobody seemed to know the track except for me -

    used to spin it all the time.

    thanks


  • April 11, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

    Wow, I dont know anyone else with this record. I was going to put this on my next cd, but might have to hold out now! Good chunes and great table.


  • April 12, 2009 at 12:23 AM  

    Nice.
    Now it's time to upgrade those a to d converters!
    http://www.mercenary.com/addaconversion.html


  • January 21, 2012 at 7:43 AM  

    aahhhh

    i used to spin this loads....

    always wondered what she looked like...never seen the picture sleeve before..

    cheers

    asher dust