Saturday, April 18, 2009

Brafa - Disco Train  


I wish I could tell you something about James 'Brafa' Bradford, but I can't, I don't have any other records by this man and can find out nothing about him. If he made anymore of these monster boogie tracks it probably wasn't under that name and the label only seemed to put out this one release, but wherever you are today James Bradford, thank you.

Disco Train is a sought after monster 45 of the sort I love most, minimal, indie, dusty and imaginative. You can take risks with your sound when you are answering to nobody I should think, not having produced any 80s disco independent disco jams myself.

This is one from my most prized stack, and now hopefully it will be helping inject some deep boogie into some laptop sets around the world:

Posted by Beat Electric | 7 comments

Labels: , , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ Brafa - Disco Train


  • April 18, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

    oh my god almighty in heaven above. you have to be careful with things like this.. wow.


  • April 18, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

    Is this an African thing? Those clavinets sound like something from a fela kuti song.


  • April 18, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

    I have heard it described as 'afro disco', but the record is actually produced in the US, although I don't know where or when, the label is sort of vague.

    Come by Sweater Funk tomorrow Derek and I will spin the B side for you, which is twice as killer, if a little more straight ahead funk.


  • April 19, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

    Oh yeahhhhhhh

    This record is amazing, thanks a lot.


  • April 19, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

    This is a heavy jam. I love how dubbed out it get near the end.


  • May 5, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

    amazing...thanks a lot...


  • August 31, 2011 at 5:31 PM  

    Just wanted you to know that since I heard this song for the first time for more than two years ago on your blog it's been one of my all time favourites. And still I haven't seen or heard it anywhere else. This is a heavy piece of golden wax you got. Thanx alot for your musical service.
    You're the bomb!