Friday, November 28, 2008

Mighty 7  


In my continuing exploration of what are in my opinion the UK's best dancefloor heavey boogie tracks I now present to you one of the rarest and most sought after, Mighty 7's 'Call Me' .

I'm not sure why this record doesn't turn up more often, as it was released on EMI, a major label, but I think the story goes that it came out as a limited promo. It was written and produced by Gee Bello, seen above on the right with Nat Augustin, who is an important figure in the UK jazz funk scene and member of still performing act Light Of The World. Mighty 7 was a studio project that he worked on after Light Of The World were on a hiatus.

I don't think it gets any more tasteful than this.

Mighty 7 - Call Me

Posted by Black Shag | 6 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ Mighty 7


  • December 1, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

    Hi Black Shag,

    Super boogie tune. Thank you!

    Peace, Jerome


  • December 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

    beautiful! thank you!


  • December 3, 2008 at 5:45 PM  

    Ahhhh, amazing.

    If you have any, would ya be able to post some rare Hi-Tension tracks?

    I only have Hi Tension, british hustle, funktified and one other...

    Ooooh yeah! The UK had it goin' OWN!


  • December 5, 2008 at 4:16 AM  

    The other Hi-tension track I have is How D'ya Feel..

    If there are anymore funky underground Hi-tension tracks I'd love to hear them...

    Or any funky underground tracks full stop. I mean hey, I love this blog, it is full of 'em!


  • December 22, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

    I have a another Hi Tension 12" with 'The British Hustle' on the A side, I will put it up at some point.


  • May 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

    Fantastic cuts!!