Sunday, April 13, 2008

Madmen's Discotheque  



Aaah the things we do for pure disco pleasure. I had to run my precious Grado stylus over this record two times to dig out the groove before I could get a good recording of this fine and rare record. Beat Electric plans on building a pair of record washers in the near future; I have just the decks to make it happen and I have just the right record cleaner to do it. For more details on how to buy our highly specified high grade record cleaner, email us.
Ok, this is a Disconet mix of Madmen's Discotheque by The Chaplin Band by Casey Jones. Disconet records are prized possessions by record collectors and DJs because they feature unique extended mixes and edits by the top DJs from back in the day. DJs like Bobby Guttardo and Tom Savarese were regular remixers. Disconet was a record pool and their releases were not available to the public.

mp3: The Chaplin Band - Madmen's Discotheque Part II (Disconet mix)

Posted by Joel Brüt | 7 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ Madmen's Discotheque


  • April 13, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

    link is bad!


  • April 13, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

    Ok, I fixed it, the ' in Madmen's was causing a filename issue.

    LeBaron has had his Bozak and methamphetamine confiscated for the remainder of the weekend.


  • April 13, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

    Sorry, my sound card glitched out during recording in the last minute. ANNOYING! But it really does endthat abruptly.


  • April 15, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

    Yeah, there is a hiccup around 9:54 but it's an easy fix to go in and clean up that section. I’ve have noticed that you have the same problem when recording some tracks with large brass sections from vinyl (where the horns sound a little scratchy). Overall, it’s a pretty great track with some nice long breaks.


  • April 15, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

    Yeah, sometimes I have a little distortion in the highs. I think it is usually attributed to the condition of the vinyl. I need to get a proper MC cart for my rips and put together a record washer. A better cart will handle the high frequencies more accurately.


  • February 25, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

    Thanks! I would also be interested in the original song (of about 3:40) as well. Would you be able to get hold of that...?

    Keep up the good work.


  • June 15, 2009 at 6:30 AM  

    Chaplin Band is a band from my hometown Maastricht in the Netherlands....now you now!