Monday, February 25, 2008

Lamont Dozier  



Lamont Dozier is likely best known as 1/3 of the songwriting team Holland-Dozier-Holland. "Goin' Back To My Roots" is among his finest solo records. Originally released on the "Peddlin' Music On The Side" (Warner, 1977) album, the track was also released by Warner that same year as a promo 12". Elektra also released the track with audiophile remastering and backed with David Williams "Come On Down Boogie People" as part of their Dance Classics series, while not as rare as the Warner 12", it is still a pricey little gem.

mp3: Lamont Dozier - Goin' Back To My Roots

Posted by T. Preston | 5 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ Lamont Dozier


  • February 26, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

    Man props on having a ridculously nice blog. I'm kinda new to lazer soul but this blog has got me hooked.

    Luv from BK, NYC...


  • February 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

    hey man...nice bloggy.. this track has been in rotation in my mixes as of late....

    got one up overe here at ours

    fullyfitted.blogspot.com


  • February 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

    Lamont Dozier is a master...I love this Northern Soul track.
    Thanks for the support!


  • March 4, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

    Great track. I've been looking for the name of this one for a while.


  • October 22, 2014 at 5:16 AM  

    http://baiaboyisback.blogspot.fr/2014/10/lamont-dozier-going-back-to-my-roots.html